Buy, download, listen, & view track listing
About Night Music: Music for men’s voices by Peter Hallock
Night Music consists entirely of compositions written over the history of the Compline Choir by founding director, Peter Hallock. The compact disc takes its name from a work written for the choir based on non-sacred texts, and inspired by Bunraku—Japanese puppet theatre. Here the music unfolds in three “dreams,” accompanied by percussion, shakuhachi, harp, and narrator. Surrounding this work are nine anthems for various seasons of the liturgical year; many are richly accompanied, such as The Dawning and Jubilemus Omnes, compositions for choir and five celli.
- Recording Engineers: Glenn White, Roger Sherman, and Sarah Holberg
- Digital Editing: Al Swanson, Bill Levey
- Cover Arts / Calligraphy / Design: Bruce Webster, Glenn Yoshiyama
- Computer Enhancement: Dominic Arizona Bonucelli, Ed Hazen
- Booklet: Katherine Crosier
- Photography: Jonathan Dimmock, Leslie Martin, and Christopher Wartes
- Recorded in 1997 and 2000-2001 at Roskilde Cathedral, Denmark, and at Saint Mark’s Episcopal Cathedral, Seattle, Washington
- Label: Ionian Arts C-7004 (now fully owned by The Compline Choir)
- Release date: 2001, digitally released 2015
Recording Artists for Night Music
The Compline Choir
Peter R. Hallock, Director
Pages 2-3 of Night Music booklet
© 2001 IONIAN ARTS, Inc. and The Compline Choir.
International Copyright Secured. All rights reserved.